Sanitation & Hygiene
How we keep our tanks clean and hygienic.
COVID-19 Safety Statement
We have strengthened our sanitation and hygiene procedures.
Please read on to learn about the changes we’ve made to keep everyone safe.
For your safety we are thoroughly sanitising all equipment before, during, and after every float.
We are also carefully controlling the numbers entering the float centre. We are ventilating sufficiently with longer transition times between floats which allows more time for cleaning. For the protection of our clients and staff masks are compulsory while interacting and cleaning.
We are monitoring national guidelines, as well as using common sense.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Please do not come into float If you feel any illness symptoms, call us and we can reschedule your float appointment until you are well.
- We are requiring everyone to wear a mask upon entering and moving around the float centre, you are free to remove your mask once in your float room. Please bring your own mask.
- We run our Ventilation at 100% just before the end of every float, the ventilation continues at this rate for one hour up until the next floats.
- We have screen protection at our front desk for our staff and your protection.
- We have a hand sanitation station upon entering and everyone is kindly asked to sanitise their hands
- We’ve made an allowance of one hour so our staff can thoroughly sanitise between floats and complete ventilation all tanks and rooms.
- All of our float tank interiors, including ceilings, walls, buttons, grab rails and all exterior surfaces within float rooms are thoroughly disinfected with a 1% Hydrogen Peroxide solution and then rinsed with fresh water and dried after every session.
- Everything in the room is cleaned or replaced.
- We will also be regularly disinfecting all common areas in the float centre, door handles, light switches, ipads, keyboards etc
- We have an allowance for a five hour deep clean on Tuesday mornings.
Sanitation in the float tank
All of our float tanks come well-equipped with several features to maintain hygiene of the water.
- Float solution is sanitised for 30 minutes between floats, water is pumped through a UV light, taking care of any micro organisms that survive the extreme salt content of the water.
- The main filter device houses a replaceable 10 micron filter bag or cartridge, capable of filtering debris in the water as small as 1/4 the size of the diameter of a human hair.
- We rigorously measure PH levels, hydrogen peroxide levels, water levels, specific gravity (buoyancy), and the temperature of the float solution.
- The float tank environment is about 30% Epsom Salt; this is not an environment that bacteria like to live in. Our tanks are likely to have some of the cleanest water you’ve ever been in.
- All of our tanks’ interiors and all touch points are sanitised after every float.
- Everything in our rooms is replaced or cleaned and all of our tanks are fully ventilated for a full 60 minutes between floats.