Sanitation & Hygiene
How we keep our tanks clean and hygienic.
COVID-19 Safety Statement
We have strengthened our sanitation and hygiene procedures.
Please read on to learn about the changes we’ve made to keep everyone safe.
For your safety we are thoroughly sanitising all equipment before, during, and after every float.
We are also carefully controlling the numbers entering the float centre. We are ventilating sufficiently with longer transition times between floats which allows more time for cleaning. For the protection of our clients and staff masks are compulsory while interacting and cleaning.
We are monitoring national guidelines, reputable sense making sources as well as using common sense.
Summary of measures:
If you feel sick, please stay home and reschedule until you are well.
Screen protection at our front desk
Customers are to wait in cars until float rooms are ready. One customer or group is allowed to enter at a time, when we’re ready to accept in.
Hand sanitation upon entering by everyone
Allowance of one hour sanitation between floats and complete ventilation of tanks and rooms.
All float tank interiors, including ceilings, walls, buttons, grab rails and all exterior surfaces within float rooms thoroughly disinfected with a 1% Hydrogen Peroxide solution and then rinsed with fresh water and dried after every session.
Everything in the room is cleaned or replaced.
5 hour deep clean on Tuesday mornings
Sanitation in the float tank
All of our float tanks come well-equipped with several features to maintain hygiene of the water.
- Float solution is sanitised for 30 minutes between floats, water is pumped through a UV light, taking care of any micro organisms that survive the extreme salt content of the water.
- The main filter device houses a replaceable 10 micron filter bag or cartridge, capable of filtering debris in the water as small as 1/4 the size of the diameter of a human hair.
- We rigorously measure PH levels, hydrogen peroxide levels, water levels, specific gravity (buoyancy), and the temperature of the float solution.
- The float tank environment is about 30% Epsom Salt; this is not an environment that bacteria like to live in. Our tanks are likely to have some of the cleanest water you’ve ever been in.
- All of our tanks’ interiors and all touch points are sanitised after every float.
- Everything in our rooms is replaced or cleaned and all of our tanks are fully ventilated for a full 60 minutes between floats.